Thursday, October 28

Friday is Pieday!

2 weeks ago Me and my husband and my husband's family FINALLY went apple picking. I say finally because it felt like we had been planning to go forever. So we drove to Masker's Orchards, about 1 hour and 30 minutes away from NYC.
It was Kevin's, my husband, first time apple picking, so that was a lot of fun. You paid 24.95 per bag of apples so Kevin shoved all our apples into one bag:

Our "one bag" of apples
We had tons of apples. But I had a list of yummy apple things to make! I made tons of applesauce. One morning for breakfast, I made some apple pie pancakes. Those were especially good. That recipe will be up in a little bit.

This entry is to show you I mess up too. I made an apple pie the next Friday we got back from apple picking. I never intended to post it here, so that's why I only took 2 pictures. I had a real tough time rolling out the pie dough. I don't have any good surfaces to roll it out on. I ordered a pastry mat from Pampered Chef, but it has not arrived yet.

So, here is the ugliest pie ever LOL:

It didn't turn out as great as I would have like, but it could not have tasted better! It was delicious and the pie crust was flaky too! Sometimes, the ugliest food turn out to be the most delicious.

No comments:

Followers