Wednesday, October 13

Arroz con pollo revisited a.k.a. spicier!

About a week ago, I made this Arroz con Pollo. We had more chicken thighs and I really wanted some more of the rice. So, I made it again.
This time, I made it spicier. Kevin and I love spicy food! I think I have convinced my mom & dad to try this recipe, but my mom doesn't like spice as much as I do. MOM & DAD NEED TO STICK WITH THE ORIGINAL RECIPE!

Here is what I changed:

  • As I seasoned the chicken before browning, I added small dashes of cayenne pepperto the salt, pepper, and cumin. 
  • While I was cooking the spices, I added 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes. Of course, if you like spice  but not that much spice, you can add less.
That isn't a lot of changes, but the end product was spicier. We really like our spice!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Followers