Tuesday, October 26

Squash Season!

When I lived at home, every once in a while, my mom would buy acorn squash and make these really good roasted squash things. They were very yummy. Acorn squash was on sale last week, so I decided to revisit my mom's delicious squash.

So I started by cutting off a little piece of the bottom so it would sit up. Now, make sure you be careful and had a sharp knife, It was hard to cut through this thing! After cutting a small slice off the bottom, not too big. You don't want to open the hollow part in the center of the squash. I cut off the top next, making sure I could scoop out the seeds.

Then, I scooped out the seeds. I don't know if you can toast and eat the seeds of an acorn squash, but we never did so I just threw them away. I had the oven preheating at 375 degrees.

Then I smeared 2 Tbsp of butter all around the inside of the squash. Then I sprinkled about 2 Tbsp of light brown sugar on top of the butter. Then I put it on a baking sheet and into the oven for 1 hour.

This acorn squash was so good! I was scraping the skin of the squash to get all of it I could! Next time I might use a fork and poke holes all around the inside to see if that get a little more flavor to all of the flesh. This was a warm and delicious fall meal! It was also quite easy.

Oh I did lots of yummy fall stuff this weekend! We went apple picking! I made the ugliest apple pie you've ever seen. I never planned on posting the apple pie from the start, but when I saw it was so ugly, I took a picture to show you before and after it went into the oven. That will be the next post.

No comments:

Followers