Tuesday, September 21

Easy as pie...if pie were guacamole.

This is the first dish I made up. And I don't measure anything, it just depends on what it tastes like and how many avocados I have.  After I made it a couple times, I noticed other t.v. chefs doing kind of the same method. But, I never saw any of those! I promise!

So here's my recipe for my guacamole.

Ingredients:


  • Avocados
  • Salsa
  • Sour cream
  • Lime juice
  • Cumin
  • Garlic powder
  • Salt
  • Pepper
























Then I split open the avocado and take out the pit. Be very careful when cutting the avocado open, I think I've cut my self once every time I make guacamole and I'm opening the avocados. Blood in the guacamole is not good.  Then I slice one half of the guacamole into cubes while it is still in the skin. That makes it easier and less messy. Then I just squeeze the chunks into a dish. When they don't all squeeze out, I just scoop them out with a fork. 



After I do this to all the avocados I'm using in that batch of guacamole, I smash up the avocado.  I start out using a fork, but if that isn't working well I use my mashed potato masher. I like to leave some big chunks because I love avocado, but you can smash it till you like the texture.












Next I add everything else; the salsa, sour cream, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. I try not to add too much at first and then taste it to see what it needs more of. Remember, you can always add more, but it is extremely hard to take spice out. Then just mix it till it's all combined. Just remember to taste it to see if needs anything else.

























And that's it! Pretty simple, right? I love this stuff. I usually make it in a dish I can just put a lid on and put in the fridge when I'm done snacking. It only lasts about 2 days here though. I use it for fajitas, tacos,  and burritos. I love just sitting and eating it with some tortilla chips.


No comments:

Followers