Wednesday, September 22

Mini Meat-loaves have less calories!

I was looking at my old wedding blog and found an entry when I made mini meat-loaves. I got the recipe from my Kraft Foods magazine. It was a free magazine that come spring/summer/fall/winter but is now something you have to buy. I just haven't been around to purchasing a subscription. They used to have some really good recipes in there. This one I found made mini meat-loaves 4 different ways based on what add-ins you chose.  So I decided to revisit this recipe and put my own twist on it because I didn't have StoveTop dressing or any cheese (astonishing). And to go along with it I decided to make the sweet potato fries I've seen show that Sandra Lee makes them on 1,000 times. They just look SO good and sweet potatoes were on sale last week.


So first I made the mini meat-loaves:


Ingredients:


  • 1.5 lbs. ground beef
  • 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • Salt & pepper
  • 2 Tbsp Mustard ( I like spicy brown)
In a bowl put you ground beef, 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix with utensil to combine. I find that my hands do the best job of getting everything mixed together really well. Just make sure to wash your hands good before and after mixing. Get out a cupcake pan and spray liberally with cooking spray. Trust me, you'll definitely want to get these puppies out of the muffin cups! Make about 1 inch in diameter balls of meat. Your cupcake cups might be smaller or larger, so adjust the meat-loaf size accordingly. Just make them big enough so a little bit of meat over flows (so they kinda look like meat muffins, that sounds weird). Then mix the other 1/2 cup barbecue sauce and 2 tablespoons of mustard together in a small bowl.  spread over the tops of each meat-loaf. I pressed a little divot in the top with my thumb so the sauce had more room. It will be messy, but that's what makes 'em good! Then put them in the oven at 375 degrees for 60 minutes! Let cool for a minute when finished then dig in!









Then I made the sweet potato fries. I got the recipe from Sandra Lee and here it is:


Ingredients:

  • 2 pounds sweet potatoes
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
  • salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch thick fries. Place sweet potato fries in a large mixing bowl. Add oil and spices. Toss until they are thoroughly coated with spices. Spread fries in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes turning once to ensure even cooking. Remove from oven and serve hot.







And that was my very easy simple supper last night!!!!

No comments:

Followers