Wednesday, September 29

Not so hard

A friend from high school asked me the other day how I prepare pork-chops. Hers, she said, always turn out tasting "blah". So I e-mailed her the three things I usually do with pork-chops. I was looking through the freezer two nights ago to see what I should set out to make, and we had some pork-chops. So I set those in the fridge to thaw.

I sometimes put them in the crock-pot with sauerkraut. We didn't have any sauerkraut, so my usual option 1 was out. I also make stuffing and bake the pork-chops on top of that in the oven. But, we didn't have any bread(thanks, french toast casserole), red pepper, or celery. So option 2 was out. Last time we had pork-chops I dunked them in flour and fried them, so I didn't want to do that again.

So I decided to use up some bread crumbs and bread and fry them. I'd never done that because it always seemed like a lot of work. I had some time to waste, so why not tonight?

I put about 2 cups of flour in one bowl with one teaspoon of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of salt, and 2 teaspoons of pepper. I mixed the flour well with a fork. Then I added 4 eggs in another dish. I beat them till you couldn't tell between the yolk and the white. Then, in a third dish I added about 2 cups of bread crumbs. To them I mixed in one tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
Then I dipped a pork-chop into each dish (1st: flour, 2nd: egg 3rd: bread crumbs), making sure the pork-chop was coated well with whatever ingredient was in that dish



Before I started dipping the pork-chops, I turned the skillet on low and put about two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in the pan. After dipping the pork-chop in the bread crumbs, I transferred it right to the hot pan. My pan was only big enough to make two at a time.








To go along with the pork-chops tonight, I decided to steam some mixed vegetables. This particular variety had zucchini and squash. Kevin doesn't like either of those, so since he was at work, I figured it would be a good time to make them. They were really good. It was one of those "steam in the bag" kind. It d was really easy to make.





I cooked the pork-chops for about 10 minutes on each side. When I cut into the first one, it was still a little pink. I put the chops on a sheet pan and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, just to make sure they were done.

They smelled good and tasted even better! Breading and frying isn't as labor intensive as I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

See now, I figured out this following thing, lol. Seems like a lot of work to be able to tell if a blog you're following is updated!!

ANYWAYS, try this with pork chops, or if you are being you, try this and MODIFY with pork chops! lol

Buy boneless porkchops, an onion and a normal size bottle of ketchup. Put the pork chops in the crock pot, squirt the ketchup on them, fill the ketchup bottle with water and squirt some of that one them. Slice the onion in with them and cook on high for about 5 hours. It sounds so ghetto, but if you don't tell someone how you made them, they think it's some gourmet recipe, they come out SO good!

Followers