Wednesday, September 22

Never jiu jitsu on an empty stomach.

My husband, Kevin, practices the martial art, Jiu Jitsu. He has class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings before work. Now, I will be honest, I don't always make him breakfast before he leaves for class. I know, I know! I should. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? Well, a lot of times, I'm just super tired and he doesn't push me to wake up most of the time. When I do wake up and make him breakfast, it's usually pretty good.

Since I started this blog, Kevin should be very happy. I am going to want to wake up and make him breakfast a lot more often now. It's all good content for my cooking blog. So set my alarm for 9:30 a.m. so I could wake up and make him a delicious meal before he left. So, I woke up and asked him what he would like for breakfast (he'd apparently been awake since 8.). This is usually why I don't really enjoy making him breakfast everyday. He always wants the same stuff. This morning was no different; Bacon, grits, and scrambled eggs.

This is why my pictures and instructions are kind of sparse. Everything I made pretty much is made the same way or has great directions to follow on the package. Bacon: Fry in the pan, be careful the grease doesn't splatter you. Grits: Boil water and whisk in grits till it gets thick. Follow directions on package. Scrambled eggs: Here you can get a tiny bit creative, but not much. Beat eggs with a little bit of milk or water and cook in a frying pan on low heat. On and the coffee was for me.


Not too crazy, huh? But he did like it. The only kind of "odd" thing I did was with the eggs. I put in about 2 or 3 tablespoons of sour cream in them when I whisked. I used that instead of milk or water. That's makes them really good. So that was our yummy, boring breakfast this morning.

And, Kevin didn't even go to jiu jitsu today. But breakfast was still good. I also even packed him up some of the left over chicken to take to work for lunch. But since he didn't go to class, that means he was home for lunch too.

1 comment:

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Mmmmmmmmmm that looks good. :) What a kind spouse you are--I can't even remember the last time I actually cooked breakfast!

Followers